STUDENT CLASS PLACEMENT
All classes are based on the student’s age as of September 1st, no exceptions. A student may select a class in a younger age group, but may not choose a class in an older age group. The director has the final say as to which class(es) students are placed in.
We ask that you please not enter the dance studio while your child is in class. This disturbs the teacher and interrupts your child’s attention in class. We also ask that should you need to speak with your child’s teacher, please do so by leaving a message at the front desk. Our class schedule does not allow our teachers time between classes to speak with parents. They will be more than happy to assist you, however, by returning your call after they have finished their classes.
At Arts ‘n Motion, we pride ourselves on the nurturing and fun atmosphere we create. However, for the safety and enjoyment of all participants, we reserve the right to dismiss any child whose behavior is disruptive, harmful or otherwise inappropriate.
No food, gum or drinks are allowed in our studios. Water bottles with lids are permitted. Only dance shoes are allowed on the studio floors.
Arts ‘n Motion is proud of our studio and we ask that you help us in keeping it clean and safe for our students and families.
• Smoking is prohibited in all areas of the studio.
• If you have younger siblings with you while you are waiting for your child’s class to begin or end, please do not allow them to run within our space.
• Arts ‘n Motion is a peanut-free facility. Please refrain from eating any snacks in the lobby that may contain peanuts.
• Parents are asked to keep students and waiting siblings from aggressive horseplay in the waiting areas. This includes standing on and jumping from benches and window sills.
• Students should not be performing gymnastics in the waiting area.
• No drinks, sodas, coffee, gum, or food of any kind are allowed in the studios. Only water bottles!
• No street shoes are to be worn inside of our studios. Students should wear dance shoes or barefeet only!
• Students should not be dropped off more than 5 minutes prior to class, or be picked up more than 5 minutes after class. They must remain inside until a parent or guardian comes in to get them. There is an additional $10/child charged for students who are left past 5 minutes of the last class of the day. For attendance purposes, please check in at the front desk.
• For safety reasons, no student of any age should be in the parking lot without a parent present.
TUITION LATE FEE
Monthly payments are due by the 8th of the month, no later than the 15th. After that time, a $10 late fee will be charged and enforced on all past due balances. A reminder e-mail will be sent on the 8th of each month, that payments are due. On the 15th late notices will be sent via e-mail. If account balances remain in arrears for more than 2 months, dancers will not be permitted to take classes or perform until balances are paid in full. Communication with the Director is always encouraged if financial difficulty arises.
One-month’s notice is required to withdraw from classes. Requests for withdrawal must be submitted in writing no later than the 20th of the month and will be considered effective on the 8th of the following month. If written notice is not received prior to the 20th, your account will be charged the following month’s tuition. Military families, please contact the director regarding deployments, etc.
Registration fees are non-refundable. Recital fees and costume payments can only be refunded prior to December 1st. If Arts ‘n Motion finds it necessary to cancel a class, a refund will be issued.
By registering at Arts ‘n Motion, permission is hereby granted to allow the studio to take photographs of students to use in brochures, the studio’s website, social media, posters, advertisements, or other promotional materials the studio creates. Permission is also hereby granted for the studio to copyright such photographs in its name.
Parents are advised to keep their children at home for the following conditions:
• Pain – any complaints of unexplained or undiagnosed pain.
• Runny nose (green mucus indicates infection), watery eyes, coughing, sore throat, or productive cough. Difficulty in breathing – wheezing or a persistent cough.
• Fever (100°F/38.3°C or more)
• Infected skin or eyes or an undiagnosed rash. Severe itching of body and scalp.
• Diarrhea or loose stool combined with nausea, vomiting, or abdominal cramps. These may indicate a bacterial or viral infection that is easily passed from one child to another.
• Nausea and vomiting.
• Children with known or suspected communicable diseases or lice.
Students will benefit most from classes if their attendance is consistent.
Classes can be made up any time before May in an age appropriate class, even if it’s a different style than what the student is taking. Please check with the office in advance to verify that there is space available.
REFUNDS FOR MISSED CLASSES
We cannot give refunds for missed classes for any reason, including illness, vacation, inclement weather or otherwise. Please become familiar with the studio calendar regarding holiday closings.
INCLEMENT WEATHER POLICY
Arts ‘n Motion will follow the Anne Arundel County Public School System for closings due to inclement weather. We do not close for AACPS holidays or teacher work days. The studio will post messages pertaining to closings on the our phone message and web site. If classes are cancelled due to inclement weather, every effort will be made to give students a chance to make up the class.